Feed on
Posts
Comments

Believe it or not but the BMW GS model has been in production for 30 years now so maybe we should celebrate it….

How about a 10 day ride from Bluff to Cape Reinga whereby at least 50% of the trip is done off road, and at least 50% of the nights are spent outdoors, in true adventure style.

Perhaps we can get each Area Rep to sort out a route through their respective districts, riders can come and go as they please.

Let me know what you think?????

12 Responses to “GS BMW 30 Year Anniversary”

1. Colin says:

Looks like a darn fine idea to me. Has a date and a route been planned yet?

2. grtclub says:

Not yet, will depend on Numbers

3. PHIL says:

Sounds like a great idea, I assume your thinking of summer.?
    Cheers Phil

4. Colin says:

ok so has a steering group or anything been set or are we still at the “I have an idea ” stage of this adventure.

5. grtclub says:

Not yet Colin, just seeing what level of interest there is and at the moment its not huge. Keen to hear your idea though. Send it to paybug@gmail.com.

6. RICHARD KUYSTEN says:

How about start in wellington then bluff to the cape ,depends on total time

7. Theo Duyvestyn says:

we have a few guys (3 or 4) out of Tokoroa who may be keen oct/ nov or feb/mar start at one end and finish at other,

cheers.

8. Colin says:

Looked at the idea of starting from Wellington and went “HUH”? But then a few cogs whirred around and fell outside the sheltered square I live in and a number 8 sprung into my mind.
    So a random thought from left field is “start and finish in Wellington travelling around NZ from bottom to top, side to side in a big 8 shape”. Might be a bit of a big ask but thought I would throw it in the mix.
    Definatly be something different

9. Dennis says:

Sounds like a great idea. Would be keen to participate in some or all of it.
    Could help out in BOP area.
    Cheers Dennis

10. Philip Eichler says:

Hi Guys

I’m part of the BMWOR and from the Rangitikei area. I would be a starter from some or all of the sort of ride that is being discussed here. Please keep me in the loop as plans develop. Cheer Philip Eichler peichler@maxnet.co.nz

11. Jorg says:

I’m up North in Whangarei,John Hartles told me about this.Would be perfect in November and combine it with the Burt Munro Challenge(24-28.11).I’m very keen(so is my 91 PD)

12. Robin says:

Hi Guys,
    I’m from the Rangitikei area, currently Area Rep for BMWOR. Depending on dates etc would be a starter for some of the ride. Would also be happy to assist with ride routes through this area.
    Cheers